Finance Officer - Maternity Leave cover
December 2020 - November 2021
Level 3A, SP6 - £19.312 pro rated (£10.01/hour)
Temp Contract, Part time role 25 hours/week
Our lovely Lauren is pregnant, and is due to take her maternity leave from January, so we are seeking to recruit an organised, efficient and energetic Finance Officer to join our small and happy team as soon as possible – we’d want you to join us before the Christmas break so that we can make sure there is a positive handover process.
The post offers:
- Children who are happy, motivated, enthusiastic and keen to learn
- Commitment to your personal and professional development
- The opportunity to work within a close knit and supportive team of forward thinking and inspirational colleagues
Governors are seeking the right person, who will:
- Share and support our distinctive and inclusive ethos
- Manage the school’s financial and personnel processes
- Support the Head Teacher and Governors in managing and monitoring the School’s budget
- Work in partnership with parents and colleagues
Financial experience is essential to this role, and experience of working in a school or public sector preferred.
Due to COVID, it is difficult to organise visits to the school, however, the Head Teacher is happy to have telephone conversations with any interested candidate. Further details can be found below.
The Governing Body is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes applications irrespective of race, sex, marital status, disability, religion, age, sexual orientation or political belief.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and therefore will be subject to a DBS check from the Disclosure and Barring Service. St James’ C of E VA Primary School safeguards and protects its pupils and staff by being committed to respond in accordance with Local Safeguarding Board Procedures.
Completed applications should be returned to the school using the Bedford Borough application form; CVs will not be accepted.